In this class you will:
- Learn the anatomy of a floor loom
- Learn to read a weaving draft – (Select a draft/pattern to weave for this project)
- Select yarn for your project
- Calculate warp and weft
- Wind a warp on a warping board
- Transfer the warp from the warping board to the loom
- Warp the loom (back to front) on the loom
- Thread the warp through the heddles, reed, and tie onto the front beam.
- Weave your project
Equipment Provided: 4 harness floor loom 36” weaving width, warping board, lease sticks, raddle, and shuttles. (Loom for the class is reserved for you for 4 weeks).
Class Schedule: This class is best taught in 3-4 hour segments for approximately 16 hours total.
Class Fee: $200 includes the loom and instruction. You are also responsible for the additional cost of yarn.